What’s New For 2014
New Sponsors for 2014
The Fatty Fest would like to welcome a slate of new sponsors for 2014
Kuat Racks This local Springfield MO company’s employees have been gracing the festival for years. Nice to have them on board.
Arkansasenduro.com The latest in MTB racing format comes to Arkansas. Check out the web site for the first ever Arkansas enduro event. More to come next year.
Troy Lee Design The gear and name we all know and love. They are a PTD company sponsor. Someone will walk away with some TLD swag. Nice to have them on board for the fatty.
XYIENCE Energy drink. Nuff said. Glad to have them on board. Look for free samples for the GP and all you can drink for racers and volunteers.
Spine Sports and Rehab Chiropractic Clinic. If they can put Humpty Woody back together again they are good in our book.
What’s New for 2014
This year will feature a few changes for the FATTY FEST. Make some notes and refer to the “Latest Fat News” for the most recent info and updates on the festival; work days, event details, and new developments.
- Phat Tire Short Track Moves to Lake Leatherwood. The new Phat Tire Short Track race will be held at Lake Leatherwood City Park at the sports field complex. This will make LLCP the one stop for competitive events. The new course will feature some surprises and challenges. Awards immediately following the event at Sparky’s Road House.
- Fat Tire XC Omni and Downhill Duo bumps Old Omni Format. Don’t worry, those who were still hoping to score the heralded Fatty Hat. The new Fat Tire XC Format will offer the hat for the winners with the overall best time in women’s, men and junior categories. The Downhill Duo will also offer a new special heralded reward But alas no more Super Fatty Omni.
- Queen and King of the Mountain for Downhill . We have always rewarded the fastest time for the men, and we were reminded the same reward was not offered to the women. Well…….We are fixing that. Cash awards and a special trophy awaits this years’ fastest couple on two wheels.
- Registration Friday and Saturday at Lake Leatherwood. The convenience of registration at one location for all events Friday and Saturday and Sunday can’t be underestimated. Sunday morning registration at the Auditorium will continue as in the past. See registration page for all of the latest changes.
- Observed Trials shaped into demo. With the dropping of the Super Fatty Omni so follows the Observed Trials Competition. A long tradition of supporting all forms of two wheeled competitions comes to an end. For now. But not without an ode to the discipline. Two demo’s one Friday and Saturday will still WOW spectators. Check schedule of events for times.
- New Time for “Big Town Ride” 2pm replaces the previous noon time. This will allow the GP and riders to check out the majority of the DH before the recreational ride of the weekend hits the trail. This ride is a combination of all the in-town rides we have done in the past. Hidden trails, secret places, and killer trails await. This year the riders will split into multiple groups based on skill level. These rides have unpredictable natures and resolve. A no-miss event. Go to the non-competitive events page to find out more about the only ride of its kind in the central US.
- Bigger and Better Kid’s Rodeo. Always building on and bettering the year before. More stunts, more games and more fun for kids on two wheels.