2015 Details to Remember
- Phat Tire Short Track at Lake Leatherwood. The Phat Tire Short Track race will again be held at Lake Leatherwood City Park at the sports field complex. This will make LLCP the one stop for competitive events. A new course for 2015 will feature some surprises and challenges. Awards immediately following the event at Sparky’s Road House.
- Fat Tire XC Omni and Downhill Duo. The new Stage race formats for the Fat Tire Festival allow XC and Gravity riders to test all of their skills. The three-day three discipline XC Omni consists of Short Track, Super D and XC and the Downhill Duo is a one day two event format feature Downhill and Super D. See the competitive events page for more info.
- Registration Friday and Saturday at Lake Leatherwood. The convenience of registration at one location for all events Friday and Saturday and Sunday can’t be underestimated. Sunday morning registration at the Auditorium will continue as in the past. See the competitive events options for all of the latest details or the Quick Registration Info Box on the home page.
- Observed Trials Shaped into Demo. With the dropping of the Super Fatty Omni so follows the Observed Trials Competition. A long tradition of supporting all forms of two wheeled competitions comes to an end….. For now. But not without an ode to the discipline. Two demo’s one Friday and Saturday will still WOW spectators. Check schedule of events for times.
- New Time for “Big Town Ride” 2pm replaces the previous noon time. This will allow the GP and riders to check out the majority of the DH before the recreational ride of the weekend hits the trail. This ride is a combination of all the in-town rides we have done in the past. Black Bass, Larry’s Loops, Riley, and a collection of hidden streets and surprises. This year riders will need to register before the event, so show up early. The ride divides into multiple groups based on skill level and heads out for a truly unique adventure. Go to the non-competitive events page to find out more about the only ride of its kind in the central US.
- Bigger and Better Kid’s Rodeo. Always building on and topping the year before. More stunts, more games and more fun for kids on two wheels.